Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Reading for 2013

According to Goodreads I have read 60 books this year - the same as last year.  I think it is fairly accurate as I have been trying to keep the records up to date.

26 non-fiction
34 fiction

Of note, I started reading the Game of Thrones series and have just the most recent one to go before I'll join the waiting crowd for George R.R. Martin to write the remaining story!  I have also discovered the Phyrne Fisher murder mysteries which I have been enjoying too.

I'm in the midst of finishing up The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton.  It's been hard going, not because it is a bad book but the writing style takes time to appreciate.

The titles that stand out for me this year have been:

The Last Runaway | Remarkable Creatures - both by Tracy Chevalier
The Dragon Keeper by Mindy Mejia

I have done a lot of reading on my iPad this year, some on my Kobo and some in print. I can't say I have a particular preference, but the convenience of ebooks has been a big plus for me.

I continue to read blogs and professional related stuff, but that is mostly done online via my iPad or computer.

How about you? Have you read any good stuff this year?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:23 pm

    Might just have to look into Goodreads ... or some other way of recording what I read ... I know I read lots in 2013 but couldn't tell you what exactly ... have taken note of those titles you mentioned and will look them up ... now that I'm all flash with my kindle it's so super easy to find books ... much easier than waiting for the library to get them although I'm still partial to a 'real book' and the challenge of having it read before returning the following week.

    ReplyDelete